[Cialug] TinyURL

Scott Prader sprader at iastate.edu
Fri Jun 18 17:26:19 CDT 2010

Sometimes a URL that takes up multiple lines can get cut off with a carriage
return inserted by some program, at some point.  When I see a link, I like
to think that I can click on it and not get a 404.  TinyURL fixed this.
What they don't do is auto-forward a 404 to archive.org, which tends to
cover what a downed URL can't, whether it's complete or not.

-Scott