[Cialug] rsnapshot problem with compression

Tom Pohl tom at tcpconsulting.com
Mon Jun 14 21:35:29 CDT 2010

Do you have the same version of rsync on both sides of the connection?

I've run into issues with mismatched versions of rsync.  The other thing I've found is that even with really fast CPUs on both ends, unless you have a relatively small pipe between the two servers, you'll slow down the transfer by turning on compression.

-Tom