[Cialug] Red Hat training?

Michael Watson n6wav at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 21:22:41 CDT 2010

Thanks, Josh, didn't know about TroubleMakers.  Would like to, but I work in Cedar Rapids, so it doesn't appear practical.  I'm only looking to get up to speed on Red Hat since we're adding a lot of it at work, but my background is in SuSE and, a while back, Debian - at home.  Professionally, I do Solaris...I'm hedging my bets.

Certification?  My boss really doesn't want to pay for it, and I'm not planning on looking for another job.  I could probably do self study to get up to speed, but things fit together better for me to get the basics from a class, plus there are a lot of things I've gotten rusty on, a by-product of working in a large data center.

Thanks,
Michael