[Cialug] Ames LUG Meeting Minutes

Matthew Steven matthew at geniusweb.com
Thu Jun 10 21:43:27 CDT 2010

Hello,

Thanks again for letting us share this mailing list. I have bcc'd all
attendees as well: if that's you, here is the link to join the CIALUG
mailing list so that you can stay in the loop:

Here are the minutes from our first meeting.

MINUTES OF JUNE 10, 2010

8 members were in attendance.  Meeting began on time at 8pm.

Contact information was collected for all members.

An initial slate of officers were elected:

President: Matthew Steven
Vice President: Michael Standfest
Treasurer: Scott Prader
Pressmaster: Tyler Longren
Secretary: Z. Shortest Straw

Topics discussed:

Dues:  Member consensus was that dues would be needed for the proper
promotion of the LUG, and minor expenses, but they will not be a
requirement to participate in club activities, and the actual amount
would be discussed when we actually have expenses to consider.

Club Name: Members settled on "Ames LUG"  Domain name will be
ameslug.org and the initial registration fees will be donated by Matthew
Steven.

A mission statement was roughed out: "Ames LUG will promote free
software in Ames, encourage both professional and hobbyist involvement,
and educate others about free software."

Affiliation with CIALUG: Members were very positive toward maintaining a
close affiliation with CIALUG. The offer to use CIALUG jointly for a
mailing list was accepted with gratitude. It was decided to maintain a
separate website to avoid burdening the CIALUG web maintainers.

The next meeting was scheduled for Thursday July 8th at 8pm, at the same
place (Ames Public Library Auditorium) unless otherwise announced.

The program for the next meeting will be given by Scott Prader, who will
talk about his mission to construct the ultimate mythtv box.

Meeting adjourned at 8:40 pm.

--
Matthew Steven
http://www.geniusweb.com/