[Cialug] DI-634M

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Wed Jun 9 15:55:17 CDT 2010

1) WEP can be cracked easily these days.

2) A powered antenna can sniff keys from shockingly great distances.  A Pringle can is less effective, but can still greatly extend range.

You can deal with these problems by setting up an IPSEC VPN between the two, running over WEP, or by buying a newer card that supports WPA2.  Of course, you could also just run a cable.  :)

-Josh More, CISSP, GIAC-GSLC, GIAC-GCIH, RHCE, NCLP
morej at alliancetechnologies.net
515-245-7701