[Cialug] DI-634M

ed at edmeacham.com ed at edmeacham.com
Wed Jun 9 15:45:53 CDT 2010

What type of encryption is it doing? (WEP/WPA/WPA2[corp|personal] etc)

I know I've had issues with older cards (and some newer) not getting down
with WPA2... In those cases I switched to WEP, but it was for I knew would
be less likely to have someone trying to crack the key-- small town/country
dwellers.

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 15:18:46 -0500 (CDT), "L. V. Lammert" <lvl at omnitec.net>
wrote:
> A friend of mine is trying to setup his new router, . but it refuses
> to connect with older WiFi cards - you can see the SSID & enter the
> password, but after that no connection. I tried turning off all of the
> 'Super G' options, but no luck.
>
> Is anyone aware of a way to get this type of router talking to older
WiFi