[Cialug] OT: cheap CFL bulbs

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Thu Jun 3 11:21:21 CDT 2010

As was mentioned before, consider LED bulbs.  They're more expensive, but last a lot longer.  They also don't have the slow-to-brighten problem.

Lastly, I have had issues using CFLs in a bathroom environment.  They seem to be more sensitive to humidity than incandescents were.  (To be fair, I also have a really crappy lighting system in my bathroom.  Maybe CFLs will work better once I rip that out.)

-Josh More, CISSP, GIAC-GSLC, GIAC-GCIH, RHCE, NCLP
morej at alliancetechnologies.net<mailto:morej at alliancetechnologies.net>
515-245-7701