[Cialug] Ames [FL]UG?

Matthew Steven matthew at geniusweb.com
Wed Jun 2 17:56:27 CDT 2010

For Ames area people:

While looking around for a group closer to home recently I discovered
that there used to be an Ames FUG, but it was more or less snuffed due
to student group related bureaucracy.  (which as a former president of
the Cyclone Amateur Radio Club I'm all too familiar with!)

I know of at least one other person who is interested in either reviving
it or starting something new/similar in Ames.  I'd be willing to do some
of the footwork, supply homebrew if appropriate, set up a web site and
help organize monthly meetings... and so on if others are on board.

So if you live in or close enough to Ames that you'd drive in for a fun
monthly gathering of the nerd herd, please email me off list with your
interest, and just for fun, supply a fun idea for a meeting topic or
activity.

Thanks,
Matt

--