[Cialug] I Remember When Computer Specs

ng0g at mchsi.com ng0g at mchsi.com
Thu Jul 29 12:25:38 CDT 2010

CIALUG,

Steve Hawkins NG0G
73 49 111 01001001

----- Original Message -----
From: j bengtson <j.bengtson at mchsi.com>
To: Central Iowa Linux Users Group <cialug at cialug.org>
Sent: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 11:48:39 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: [Cialug] I Remember When Computer Specs

Is this just a sneaky way of identifying the old fogies here?

The first computer I got to lay hands on was an Apple II (48K RAM, 1MHz 6502 processor, monochrome green monitor).  Several years later, when they first announced an external hard drive option, I remember wondering what in the world anyone would need 20 MB of hard drive space for...