[Cialug] VLC and Movie Player getting blue?!?

Afan Pasalic afan at afan.net
Thu Jul 29 09:24:51 CDT 2010

Hi,
I use ubuntu 9.10 on my T61p ThinkPad. Works like a charm.
To watch video I use VLC. But, when I double-click on wmv file it will
open Totem Movie Player and I would get blueish screen. People are just
as people from Avatar. Though, once I open any file in Totem VLC will
give me blue screen too. And it will be blue until I reboot laptop.
Looks like Totem triggers something to "switch" to blue screen, or
something?

Any idea? Or I have to just remove the Totem? :-)

Thanks for any help,
Afan