[Cialug] Reminder - Meeting tomorrow

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Wed Jul 21 10:06:10 CDT 2010

What do you mean by "broke the needle"? Hard drives don't have needles;
they use somewhat more advanced technology than vinyl records.

Go ahead and open an already broken hard drive. It is a good educational
experience and interesting to see all the tiny parts. But don't expect
to be able to fix it at home. And if you open an already working drive,
don't expect it to work after being opened. It might. Or might not. A
single speck of dust in the wrong place is enough to destroy a disk.

--
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 118, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu