[Cialug] DSL speeds

Ed Meacham (@work) ed at edmeacham.com
Wed Jul 21 06:07:33 CDT 2010

@jim - just sharing what I know

PanoraTelco had two fiber lines run into town about 10 years ago. They
continue on through and to the CO in Guthrie Center, from my understanding.
They're buried in the south ditch on highway 44... from [approximately]
Grimes to Guthrie Center, that is.

I haven't seen many farms for sale ON the highway, but I don't use 44 much.
And not that "fiber" would necessarily be available, but, the potential is
there if you're willing to do some footwork and are really wanting out of
the `burbs.

I think Mr. Weis may be the best resource to invoke in finding out what
would need done. (I don't know that the folks in the office would have an
answer as quickly as Dave could - I know a few of the PanoraTelco linemen,
but not the engineers)

-emeacham (@work)