[Cialug] DSL speeds

Don Cady doncady at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 13:25:13 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Eric Junker <eric at eric.nu> wrote:
> I did some Googling and found this site http://www.vonahsen.com/gmap/
> which has a spreadsheet from 2004 that shows the location of the DSLAMs.
> I put the addresses into a map creator and ended up with this map that
> shows the location of the DSLAMs in Ankeny and Des Moines. Since the
> data is from 2004 I have no idea how accurate it is.
>
> http://batchgeo.com/map/af1cc84a764f07b799be7d3c6ea9314b
>
> Eric

That was accurate in 2004, and the site you found is Barry's. Dave
pointed us to their spreadsheet back then, then Barry ajaxified it.
Using your method, here is a quick & dirty map of all of Iowa:
http://batchgeo.com/map/7290a7c49f892db4143898c86d3158c8
or just central Iowa: http://batchgeo.com/map/77dc447d5ea6ccd6b4d9b3a1019b6c8f
Of course, these are just Qwest's Dslams and don't include Dave's.

Don