[Cialug] Mediacomm fiber

Dave Hala Jr dave at 58ghz.net
Mon Jul 19 09:18:33 CDT 2010

Anyone using Mediacomm business for a 'net connection?   I see they are
offering both a cable and fiber connection. I just called the business
support and a knowledgeable helpful local person answered the phone. I
was pleasantly surprised.

5yrs ago when I lived in town and had a mediacomm home connection, it
was unrealiable in the early morning hours and after school.  I've
currently got an unreliable 1.5/512 dsl connection. Whenever it rains
its up and down. Qwest always sends a tech, but the tech always says
they can't fix it until Qwest replaces the equipment at the demarcation
point.

I'm tired of the run around and its time to look for other options. I'd
like to have a connection with a minimum of 10mb/1.5mb speed. I'm in the
Marshalltown area. Any thoughts?

:) Dave