[Cialug] Job Opening: Unix Team Manager

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Thu Jul 15 14:28:20 CDT 2010

This job is not at Alliance, but if you're a manager or know someone who is one, it looks promising.

------------------------

Unix Manager – Des Moines, IA

We are seeking a results-oriented, motivated, hands on manager to manage a group of 10 to 12 Solaris, Red Hat, and mid range administrators.

This person will be in charge of scheduling and coordinating changes for a centralized team.

You will be responsible for all the coordination of projects and being the point of contact for the business.

Supervise and manage the technical team members.

Be strategic by analyzing and recommending improvements to processes as well as looking for cost saving ideas.

This person will prepare and manage the budget.

Requirements:

We need 10 years experience managing a UNIX team (mid range experience a plus).

Bachelor's Degree

Experience with enterprise level backup software.

Experience developing a reporting and tracking matrix.

Salary 125 to 150K + 25% target bonus.

We need a go getter, our client is looking to elevate the management bench in their organization and they are willing to pay for talent.    In addition to salary, they also have an extremely competitive benefits schedule including great vacation and holiday hours. You will be working in a beautiful West Des Moines facility.

Please email kimknoll at aol.com if you are qualified and interested!

-Josh More, CISSP, GIAC-GSLC, GIAC-GCIH, RHCE, NCLP
morej at alliancetechnologies.net
515-245-7701