[Cialug] Need a phone guy? Or a linux guy?

j.bengtson at mchsi.com j.bengtson at mchsi.com
Wed Jul 7 19:32:16 CDT 2010

I'll put in my two cents' worth too.  I'm mentoring high school kids at the Nevada high school IT club, and some of them are looking for an opportunity to get experience and on-th-job training.  Any summer internships out there?

We've been competing in Iowa State's annual cyber-defense contest for the past three years.  The kids had to set up a network consisting of a firewall (pfSense), an email server, a file server, and a sabotaged web server, and then defending that network from ISU's graduate students (the red team).  Here's this year's scenario and rules.

These kids aren't super-hackers, but they do know Linux, and want to learn more.  Getting experience they can put on their resume would be a bonus for them.