[Cialug] Which software to use for a SAN

Jonathan C. Bailey jbailey at co.marshall.ia.us
Mon Jul 5 10:42:32 CDT 2010

We're currently looking at NexentaStor to serve up NFS to our ESXi servers used for VDI. Looks fairly decent from my testing inside a VM (waiting for proper hardware to test it on). Dedupe and support are the main reasons we're looking at NexentaStor (although it looks like FreeNAS may do the same with ZFS).

-Jon