[Cialug] Argh/Microsoft/Argh

Jeff Davis me at digitaljeff.com
Wed Jan 27 09:04:31 CST 2010

That's a result of too many people not understanding what DELETE means.
Now when you try to "delete" something it basically just gets moved to
a different folder.
The popup window you saw should really read:
"I know you told me to delete this, but I was really just moving it over here.
 I can't do that, so do you want me to really delete this?"

I have no problem with the concept of a trash bin, but it should be
called something else.

Personally I think it would be great if when you deleted a file it
actually got deleted and then would write a random collection of
1's and 0's in its place.

-Jeff