[Cialug] geoip vs geoip

Tom Pohl tom at tcpconsulting.com
Mon Jan 25 15:24:23 CST 2010

That is fantastic!

The code I am currently using to determine location is based upon WAN ip of the internet service you are connected to.  BUT I do collect the BSSID of the access point if you are connected to WiFi so it would be really easy to query their service based upon the code located here:
http://outflux.net/geoloc/

I put in the BSSID from my home access point and it even located the correct house number!

BTW, my locateme code that takes a picture with your webcam places a box on the image instead of modifying exif data:
http://tompohl.com/files/locateme.jpg

Thanks!
-Tom