[Cialug] Robert Half and/or local consulting company experiences.

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 08:59:02 CST 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 11:46 PM, john doe <bofh at visi.com> wrote:
> Otherwise, I disagree entirely with the whole can't apply for any other
> position in company for <given time span> mentality.  While I can't say
> that it doesn't happen anywhere else, Des Moines is the only place I've
> experienced/heard of it.

I don't think it's just that you've interviewed there before.  More
specifically, it's that you've interviewed there on your own and now
you'd be interviewing there through the recruiter.

I don't completely understand it, but the fear is that you're gaming
the system for someone's profit.  If you interviewed through Volt,
say, and didn't get the job, and then you went to Robert Half and they
put you there, it could look like the company was playing favorites
with recruiters and getting financial considerations for sending
business their way.

Keeping all that separated out is the ethical standards of the
business and it's probably a delicate situation at times with all the
different ways it could play out.

Not to defend your particular situation, though.  3 years seems like overkill.

--
Todd