[Cialug] ubuntu issues

Ralph Kessel ralphkessel75 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 22 13:23:18 CST 2010

Gentlemen,

Ever since I've installed Ubuntu 9.10 I've run into some problems.  The most serious of which is the inability of the installation to retain my hp driver information -- particularly through the hplip/cups interface.  I've followed all of the recommendations from that web site for my HP photosmart 7260.  I have had no problems before, but no I'm plugging and unplugging my printer every time I access my computer.   Should I use a different distribution Susse, Mandrake, etc or get a new printer or both. I would appreciate your assistance.  This is very frustrating.

Thank you,

Ralph Kessel