[Cialug] simple Linux laptop needed

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Thu Jan 21 10:22:26 CST 2010

I have an Asus Eee PC 900.  It's lightweight, has a good screen has
decent battery life and the typical small keyboard of netbooks.  I've
tested it with the native OS, OpenSUSE and Ubuntu, and everything seems
to work... except for the one thing I need.

Wireless works fine in all modes EXCEPT for WPA2.  Since I can't connect
it up to my home network, it is utterly useless to me.  I had bought it
to be the machine that sits by my bed for those times that I get the
"server down" calls at 2 AM.

I bought it off of woot.com for $150.  I'd take $100 for it.

I'd also trade it for a similar netbook that functions in WPA2 mode.

It does have a VGA port and three USBs, so I suppose it could also be a
desktop... if you wanted a really low powered desktop.  :)

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

Josh More wrote:
> Is a netbook an option?  I can make you a good deal.
>
> -Josh

   What kind of a deal?

James