[Cialug] simple Linux laptop needed

Kendall Bailey kendall at baileyplex.com
Wed Jan 20 20:24:41 CST 2010

Any suggestions where to find an inexpensive laptop for light web browsing?
Wifi and good battery are not a requirement.  I gave my mother one a couple
years ago that I found on craigslist for $120.  It just died.  Anything with
1GB should be fine.  I hate buying cheap Windows gear and then struggle to
get all the hardware working with Linux, and I won't provide tech support
for Windows.  Is Dell's Ubuntu machines a good value?  Are there other
better web retailers?  Good places to find used?  Anyone here have one to
sell?  I can afford $500 for something new or $300 for used.

Thanks.