[Cialug] New hosting solution

Matt Breitbach matthewb at flash.shanje.com
Wed Jan 20 15:47:19 CST 2010

We're not going after someone that has tons of photos, or someone that uses
tons of resources.  We're going after someone that is savy enough to know
they don't need support, and has a website that isn't super heavy.

With our current hosting company, across all of our domains hosted, we have
found that 85% of the websites fall between 10-50MB.

Take for instance a site we host - http://www.trustygetto.com/- this site is
obviously running wordpress, doesn't bang on the CPU, uses 150MB of space
and just under 2GB of bandwidth.  It's a good looking site, runs pretty
well, and doesn't abuse system resources.  I'd love to host sites like this
all day long.

These are the size and types of sites that we are targeting with $1 per
month hosting.