[Cialug] New hosting solution

Matt Breitbach matthewb at flash.shanje.com
Wed Jan 20 15:34:12 CST 2010

That wouldn't be something that would be account-closing worthy.  If you had
a gallery that had tons of pictures, and thousands of visitors per day
banging on the server, we'd probably have a chat with you, but even then it
probably wouldn't be an outright closing of the account.

Like I stated before, the verbiage is there simply to give us an out when
someone does upload something that is a server killer.  If you try to put a
website on a $1 hosting account that should really have it's own full
server, every customer will complain because the server just got overloaded
because of one website.  We need an out to disable, and if need be, delete
the offending account.  We don't plan on punishing the little guy that blips
the CPU every now and again.  We just want to have a big stick to whack the
real abusers with.

-Matt

  _____