[Cialug] Meeting next week - topic idea

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Tue Jan 19 15:42:43 CST 2010

On 2010-01-19 at 15:36:01, Todd Walton wrote:
>But I want someone to explain where picture people come from. Most
>universities or colleges put them on their promotional materials.
>Who are these people? Do they exist in some alternate universe? Are
>they from cyberspace? How do they get these jobs? Is their a
>consulting firm somewhere that hires these picture people? They're
>always attractive and clean and so... non-specific. That's a
>hallmark.

I can't answer this question in general, but here at Drake the "picture
people" are taken from the actual student population. Drake is small
enough that i often recognize people in our advertisements as current or
former students. I think the marketing department chooses them, mostly
from the ranks of Journalism students.

--
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 118, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu