[Cialug] Meeting next week - topic idea

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Fri Jan 15 21:29:43 CST 2010

The default topic for next week is "office".  The only new officey thing
I can think of that's happened since the last time we ignored the
default topic of "office" is that Google Wave has come out.  We can talk
about that if people like.

However, I'd like to propose an alternate idea.

It's been a while since we did lightning talks... and based on the fun
that some of us have been having lately, I think that we should do
themed lightning talks next week.  Thus, I propose Lying Lightning
Talks.

You get five minutes to explain how a particular technology works, in
ways that is most clearly does not.  You can just chat about it, use the
whiteboard, or go all out and do a slideshow thing.  Your call.  The
only rules are that it has to be a lie of some sort, it has to take
about five minutes and be at least somewhat Linux/technology related.

Any takers?

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701