[Cialug] wifi router

Tim Wilson tim_linux at wilson-home.com
Fri Jan 15 16:47:41 CST 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Josh More
<morej at alliancetechnologies.net>wrote:

> CAT5 uses twisted pair to prevent the weight issues.  WiFi can't.

Hmm, the reasoning that I heard was different:
1. The faster you go, the quicker you'll escape Earth's gravity.
2. When you escape Earth's gravity, you'll be weightless.

Therefore, the faster things go, the more weightless they become.  Since
packets travel faster on wires, the packets actually became weightless.
Since wireless is slower, the packets aren't weightless.

:)

Tim
Required reading: http://bccplease.com/