[Cialug] SATA and SAS bits

Zachary Kotlarek zach at kotlarek.com
Thu Jan 14 16:44:10 CST 2010

I've got some SATA and SAS leftovers from a recent storage upgrade. Free for the asking, delivery not included. Pickup available in Ankeny or downtown Des Moines.

Three eSATA to 5xSATA port multipliers:
	http://www.ioisata.com/products/Port-Multiplier/spmh3726-se.htm

Fifteen SATA cables, 16"

SFF-8088 to 4xeSATA cable, 3 meters. Unless you've got some freaky controller this won't work with the above port multipliers.

--

I also found an LSI SAS3442X-R SAS controller. 4 external channels, 4 internal channels, PCI-X interface. Uses the mptfusion driver, which is in the mainline kernel. It's old to me but it works and it's still selling new for $200+. I'd take $100 for it, otherwise it's headed to eBay.

	Zach