[Cialug] 2 web servers 1 IP

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Mon Jan 11 13:55:58 CST 2010

I'd set up a proxy that uses name based virtual hosts and redirects the
traffic to an internal IP.  You can do all sorts of stuff with ports if
you want, but really, this doesn't seem like much of a deal.

However, it might be easier to see what some of our friends (*cough*
Theron *cough*) might be able to do on their virtual hosting platforms
where they may have extra IPs available.

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

>>> <jrnosee at gmail.com> 01/11/10 1:41 PM >>>
Ok, so I'm not trying to play off of that 2x1y crap floating around.

What I've got is a box running VMWare Server with a Web Server running
Apache2 that I use regularly.  I'm helping out my church by pre-building
another VM running the same to be used for their Joomla site and will
eventually be moved to their new server.  The server they have now
crashes a
lot so I've offered to host off my server until the VM can be moved, but
I'm
not sure how to set up the infrastructure to allow web hosting off of
two
separate VM's with one IP.  I'm guessing a proxy must be used, but I
don't
know what to install or how to set it up.

Thanks,

Justin