[Cialug] Big Disks

Matt Breitbach matthewb at flash.shanje.com
Sun Jan 10 23:54:57 CST 2010

The density is the same (MB/CM squared) but you get better transfer rates
because it is passing under the read/write heads faster linearly.

The angular velocity is constant no matter where at on the drive you are at.

The cylinder might contain the same amount of data (not sure) but if it
does, it would just be "thinner" on the outside of the disk since it is
spread out over a larger linear distance.