[Cialug] Anyone using an SSD?

Matt Stanton inflatablesoulmate at brothersofchaos.com
Sun Jan 10 14:46:24 CST 2010

Man, if I had a few thousand dollars in disposable income, I'd
definitely get one of these:

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/solid_state_drives/ocz_z_drive_m84_pci_express_ssd

Sustained write speeds of 600MB/sec, read speeds up to 870MB/sec.  These
things are nuts, and would be a great place to load an OS or 2.5GB of
game data/media from.  They get the speed by utilizing an 8x PCI-e slot
and building a raid controller onto the card, with a bunch of smaller
SSDs set up in a RAID-0 striped array.