[Cialug] Special on hosting at the Infobunker

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Wed Jan 6 12:33:06 CST 2010

Hopefully this won't be too much of a commercial post for this list.

The Infobunker (http://www.infobunker.com/) is offering a
start-of-the-year special on racks:

* 3 Year contract
* $850 a month for the rack, includes 20A of power
* For the 1st year it includes FREE 50Mbps of cogent bandwidth, overages
to be billed at $7 per mbps at 95%
* 2 following years to be billed at $7 per mbps at negotiated level of
clients choosing.

I know that this is still beyond the reach of most of the hobbyists in
the group, but given that the bunker is Linux-friendly, user group
friendly and has some very impressive security, I wanted to at least let
people know about it.  I can see someone deciding to host a single
server in a rack like this to take advantage of the bandwidth and then
sub-leasing the rest of the space... might be of interest to you gamers
and/or up/downloaders out there.

While I do not have any financial interest in Infobunker, if you do
decide to pursue this, please mention the LUG so that we get more news
of things like this.  It helps everyone.

Thanks,

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701