No subject

Sat Jan 2 09:13:29 CST 2010

Yahoo is close to selling its Zimbra unit to VMware <http://www.vmware.com/>,
according to several sources close to the situation.

Sources said the deal could be announced soon, but the price for the
open-source email unit was still unclear.

But the price, sources said, is much lower than what Zimbra fetched when
Yahoo bought the Silicon Valley start-up in late 2007 for $350 million.

Yahoo has been trying to sell Zimbra for some months now, but it had not
attracted enough substantive bidders. According to one source, Yahoo (YHOO)
CEO then approached VMware (VMW) CEO Paul Maritz, whom she knows well from
their years as tech execs.

Matthew Nuzum

--0016e64cc880b8d065047c80600d

 Two different companies discussed during the last LUG will be come one. We should see if we can repeat this and list two companies to
see if they join. If so, we could do some really interesting stuff
(think the Love Spring in Xanth).<br><br><a href="http://kara.allthingsd.com/20100104/exclusive-vmware-likely-to-buy-zimbra-from-yahoo/">http://kara.allthingsd.com/20100104/exclusive-vmware-likely-to-buy-zimbra-from-yahoo/</a><br>
when Yahoo bought the Silicon Valley start-up in late 2007 for $350
million.</p>