[Cialug] Compiling 32 bit app on 64 host

Paul Gray gray at cs.uni.edu
Fri Jan 1 20:33:10 CST 2010

L. V. Lammert wrote:
> Trying to setup a build environment for a production app, .. I got the 32
> bit gss & libraries installed, but make now returns:
>
>  *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.

Can you simply:

  mybox% CFLAGS="-m32" make

or, export CLFAGS=-m32 before you make.

Depending upon what you're making, you should be able to inject "-m32" into
either CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, or ...

You may even be able to get away with 'export CC="gcc -m32"'

--
Paul Gray                                         -o)
314 East Gym, Dept. of Computer Science           /\\