[Cialug] Job Posting - Linux Admin

Jeff Davis me at digitaljeff.com
Fri Feb 26 09:42:46 CST 2010

Depends on who in the company is doing the looking.
HR often uses a degree requirement simply to cut the stack of paper to
a more manageable level.
Personally I think this is where a skilled IT specific recruiter *can*
really help.

On one level I sympathize with HR people.  It is hard enough for
people in the IT field
to keep up with technology. (i.e. new languages and their
capabilities, hardware advancements, certifications)
I fully understand why a non-tech HR person gets lost in it.

-Jeff