[Cialug] Linux Experience

Corey Chandler lists at sequestered.net
Mon Feb 22 00:41:39 CST 2010

I'm about to go on a slight rant.  My apologies.

On 2/21/10 10:11 PM, Matt Breitbach wrote:

> I'm currently running a gamut of *nix systems, including Ubuntu systems for
> SpamAssassin backends, FreeBSD for a firewall and load balancer
> (a-la-pfsense), CentOS for running a cPanel server, and OpenSolaris for our
> ZFS SAN project.

Once you install CPanel on a box, it is NO LONGER CENTOS.  Standard
CentOS troubleshooting on such a machine can and likely will break your
machine.  Rather than subjecting all of you to my WHARRGARBL
(http://7x7.us/U2u if you don't catch the reference), I figure I'll
point at a slightly more definitive resource on the issue; specifically
http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/BrokenVserver

Thoughts?  Comments?  Flames?  Bring it on. :-)

-- Corey / KB1JWQ