[Cialug] Meeting Tonight: topic, driving and bribes

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Wed Feb 17 13:06:00 CST 2010

Just as a reminder, we have a meeting tonight.  The topic is Linux and professionalism... as well as the usual "fixing problems" thread that we have.

If you're driving, be aware that the lovely snow plows that took away all the white stuff also took away bits of some roads with them.  If you're coming down 3rd, at least, you might want to drive a bit slower than usual.  If you're walking, you'll be fine.  If you're flying or teleporting, I'll be impressed.

Bribe-wise, Alliance is giving away a bunch of older servers.  They'd be good for running a home mail server, DNS, file storage or running things like IPCop, Untangle or Astaro.  They would not be good at cracking a 256 it AES key... at least not if you need it cracked quickly.

Also, Executive Resources will be giving away three $25 gift cards, one for Visa, one for Amazon and one for Gamestop.  Bring your business cards for the drawing (If you don't have business cards or don't want to give out your info, I'll have other cards you can write on instead.)

Hope to see many of you there.

-Josh More, CISSP, GIAC-GSLC, GIAC-GCIH, RHCE, NCLP
morej at alliancetechnologies.net
515-245-7701