[Cialug] Writeup soon - ZFS SAN build

Christopher R. Rhodes arreyder at apache.org
Wed Feb 17 08:16:58 CST 2010

On 02/16/10 22:10, Matt Breitbach wrote:
> Yeah, I investigated it long and hard because the supported hardware list is
> a lot larger on Solaris, but in the end it looks like we'll be forced into
> OpenSolaris.  I've also toyed with the idea of doing it on FreeBSD, but I'm
> not sure how well the ZFS implementation works on FreeBSD.

We've run zfs on FreeBSD for well over a year now on our source repositories (http://svn.apache.org/) with good results.
 These servers work very hard as far as IO goes.  Last night we added some SSD drives to the mix as l2arc and things are
looking sweet.

As far as releases, here's what we're running: 7.2-STABLE FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE #0 r197719

Learn more here:  http://wiki.freebsd.org/ZFS

crr
arreyder at apache.org