[Cialug] Job posting pet peeves (WAS: Job Opening - Red Hat)

Colin Burnett cmlburnett at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 12:45:00 CST 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 12:30 PM, kristau <kristau at gmail.com> wrote:
> I always get a chuckle out of job requirements which are temporally
> impossible. Who has 15+ years of Ruby 1.9 experience or 10 years
> experience with XML 2.0?

Well, the whole concept -- as used -- of experience is flawed.  10
years; or 1 year repeated 10 times?  Using the same faulty logic: if I
wrote 80 hrs/week of Ruby then I think it's perfectly valid to say I
have "2 years of experience" after only 1 calendar year.

IIRC, the UK bans such requirements of experience, no?

Colin