[Cialug] Using SNMP to get Disk I/O on Centos 5.4

Matt Breitbach matthewb at flash.shanje.com
Tue Feb 9 09:48:04 CST 2010

Nope, that works just fine.

I think I did find it, but when I run this command :

snmpwalk -c COMMUNITYNAME -v 1 localhost disk

I get a bunch of results, but it's all UCD-DISKIO-MIB (so I guess it is
installed and working).

I'm not sure how to convert that to the actual OID though.  I'm much more
familiar with running GetIF for SNMP stuff than I am with SNMPWALK.

Also, I get 32 disk entries for each value, but only 4 of them have results
(disks 17,19,19,20).  Where at can I convert that back to real partition
names?