[Cialug] outgoing mail help

David Champion dave at dchamp.net
Mon Feb 8 18:17:37 CST 2010

In my experience, Webmin may show you admin options for packages you don't
have installed on your system.

The way to check would be to see if the package for sendmail is gone from
your system, and that postfix is now there.

You should be able to Webmin or make some quick edits to your
/etc/postfix/main.cf and have it running fairly easily. If not, ask and
I'll try to help out.

And.. as others have pointed out, there is a binary called "sendmail"
included in postfix, for compatibility with scripts that try to call
sendmail.

-dc