[Cialug] outgoing mail help

jrnosee at gmail.com jrnosee at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 18:03:18 CST 2010

I've got a server set up at home that I'm running a qa/test site off of for
my townhome group.  Ubuntu server on VMware (running on ubuntu desktop)
that's bridged to my regular network.  Running joomla 1.5.15 (latest) on
php5/mysql/yadayadayada.  I can't get my Joomla instance to send
notification emails out and I don't know why.  From account is a google apps
gmail account.  Joomla gives options to send via PHP mail function,
sendmail, or smtp.  None seem to work for me.  I've never done much of
anything on linux involving email beyond accessing web/pop based mail.  I am
NOT running this as an actual mail server.

Any thoughts, hits, suggestions, etc?

Thanks!!!!!