[Cialug] Linux/*nix NFS + VMware

David Champion dchamp1337 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 13:59:53 CST 2010

How about using iSCSI? I'd think that would be more robust than NFS.

http://www.sysprobs.com/connect-freenas-iscsi-disks-vmware-vsphere-4-esxi4

I've started using FreeNAS some, it's pretty nice to work with, takes a bit
more time to set up than one of the NAS appliances, but has a lot more
flexibility, and for the same cost or less, you can get much better
performance out of x86 hardware, where most of the low-end NAS appliances
use an imbedded processor.

-dc