[Cialug] Android and Remote Wiping

Kenneth Younger kenny at sheerfocus.com
Tue Dec 21 09:41:50 CST 2010

I just started looking around for a solution to killing my android phone
from a computer if need be. I generally never store data on it that is
important to me that I don't sync regularly, so just issuing a basic command
to wipe all data on it and the SD card would be awesome.

I looked at AutoWipe, as that used Froyo's Administrator function to
properly achieve this, but recent comments on the app store makes it seem
that it has stopped working for some reason. And installing and implementing
software that does this is scary enough without bad reviews.

Do any of you have experience with this?

Thanks,
-Kenny

--
Kenneth Younger III