[Cialug] Matt Stanton: Update 3?

Matt Stanton inflatablesoulmate at brothersofchaos.com
Wed Dec 15 13:22:05 CST 2010

howdy folks!

first, don't go nuts with money over me.  the wreck was my fault, it
seems, so i don't deserve any sympathy.

my parents just bought me a replacement netbook, which i will be wearing
out with email, web, irc, and voip tasks (457 new emails :o ).  the
thing i miss the most is my colocated server, but that was overly
expensive in the first place.

as far as my condition is concerned, my right hand is my only usable
input device interface, and i'm fudging shift key characters because of
the cast that covers parts of that hand.  my left arm is trashed, and i
can barely move my fingers on that side.  but, at least i can move them,
so i guess a bunch of therapy will get them working again.  it seems
i'll be in this place for a while.

i'm in mercy hospital in room 553, phone number 247-3553.  if you call,
there is a good chance you won't reach me, since i can't reach the
phone, but my mom is basically living here with me, so she can answer.
she just has to leave the room at times to do things at home or to avoid
things they are doing to me.  if you'd like to visit, i'm cool with
that.  there don't seem the be 'visiting hours', but i try to get to
sleep by midnight, and i try to stay asleep until 8am.  early morning is
generally very busy with doctors/residents/nurses, and lasts until about
10:30 or 11.

i'm not sure about the graphic design future.  i'm welcome back at my
job, but my driving situation will be messed up for quite some time.  i
may be able to work from home to do jobs that don't depend on stock
images if i can get copies of illustrator and photoshop that are
properly licensed.  i never liked using much other than a mouse, though
my boss bought an expensive tablet recently that he swears is great.

if anyone cares and wants to know more specific info about whats going
on with me, feel free to email off-list.

thanks for the thoughts and prayers,
matt