[Cialug] Meeting Reminder: 12/15 - Linux and Disabilities

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Sun Dec 12 14:01:28 CST 2010

Yes, we are having a LUG meeting this week.  Instead of doing the defacto topic, we will be looking at using Linux and Open Source software with disabilities.

You see, Matt's father asked us to get together some recommendations for him, and only one person contacted me.  This is gravely disappointing.  Here we have a member that needs our help and isn't asking for money but a bit of time and the use of our brains.  If we can't pull together and get some basic research done, we don't deserve to call ourselves a community.

Since we mostly sit around and work on our laptops anyway, we might as well put the time to a use.  We'll brainstorm on what Matt might need and build a list of pluses and minuses of different options.  If you have time between now and the meeting and wish to get started, and want to start the research, it would be nice to have links to input hardware (keyboards, mice, etc) for people that have limited mobility and dexterity.

If you can't be at the meeting but still want to help, just respond to this email or communicate with us via the IRC channel.

Josh More | Senior Security Consultant - CISSP, GIAC-GSLC, GIAC-GCIH
Alliance Technologies | www.AllianceTechnologies.net<http://www.alliancetechnologies.net>
400 Locust St., Suite 840 | Des Moines, IA 50309
515.245.7701 | 888.387.5670 x7701

Santa is Secure.  Are you?
http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/security/santa-2010

How are we doing? Let us know here: