[Cialug] Local Source for Outdoor Wireless Cameras

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Tue Dec 7 10:56:12 CST 2010

In case you were interested, it turns out that there is an Axis
security camera in just the right place that we decided to use.  It's
pretty simple to pull a MJPEG stream off of the camera over the
network using Flumotion.  Once I've decoded the MJPEG stream I overlay
a logo and a title onto the video and then encode the stream in
OGG/Theora, WebM, and Flash Video.  I found Flowplayer, an open source
flash video player to use as the front end.  The results can be seen
here.

http://streaming.dmacc.edu/wind-turbine/

DMACC is installing a reconditioned wind turbine to use in their wind
technician training program.

If you want to check out OGG/Theora or WebM support in your browser, try:

http://streaming.dmacc.edu:8800/wind-turbine/video.ogg
http://streaming.dmacc.edu:8800/wind-turbine/video.webm

You can also try out the Cortado Java applet but IMHO it doesn't work
as nice as the Flash player.

http://streaming.dmacc.edu:8800/wind-turbine/

--
Jeff Ollie