[Cialug] resume assistance

Ed Meacham (@work) ed at edmeacham.com
Tue Aug 31 14:09:47 CDT 2010

To answer your initial question, I don't know of anyone, or any companies
that do such here in Des Moines/Iowa. I think the "recruiter" route is
probably a good path in the right direction.

Now to bring up "hind-sight" and donate my 2 pennies. J

Personally, I think that it's in everyone's interest to keep your resume as
up-to-date as possible. You can't count on anything in the market place, so
even if you're just updating it semi-annually, shoot even annually, you're
far better off than anyone who is not.

Additionally, keeping it up-to-date will allow you to hand it in when it
comes time for your performance review. It's a great way to refresh the
higher-ups on your skills, interests, and anything that has changed since
your hire date. (certs, classes, awards, projects, books read, etc) On top
of that, it keeps you from spending hours, upon hours, reviewing and
refining the details you put into your resume. trying to remember specifics.
all that fun. (though, a face lift in layout/formatting is probably a good
thing to do every few edits)

Good luck finding [better] help!

-emeacham (@work)