[Cialug] Nagios vs. OpenNMS vs. ??

Kenneth Younger kyounger at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 09:26:47 CDT 2010

I'm actually looking into this myself, but I have a much smaller number of
servers (5-7 probably at most), and I need the ability to script off of
events that occur, like reaching certain maximum thresholds, etc. For me,
the ease of utilizing the API is just as important as the effectiveness of
the monitoring. Which of these solutions should I take a look at first? I
had been planning on just using Nagios.

(That table on wikipedia is about has helpful as a bowl of peanuts.)

Thanks,
-Kenny